Average Speed Lancashire Route Information
Following a review of roads in Lancashire and collision related casualties the following routes have been proposed for average speed camera systems. Some updates were announced to these routes in May 2017, extending the A565 route to Tarleton and shortening the A583 route through Little Plumpton.
All routes are covered in both directions.
- A565 Southport Road (3.7m) between Gravel Lane roundabout at Banks, through Mere Brow to Tarleton crossroads.
- A583 Preston New Road (3m) between Wrea Green roundabout, through Kirkham bypass to Newton-with-Scales, west of Clifton.
- A588 Head Dyke Lane, Pilling (2m) between Fold House Caravan Park and Bourbles Lane.
- A59 Brockholes Brow (0.5m) between M6 junction 31 and Glenluce Drive.
- A6 London Road, Preston (0.7m) between Capitol Centre (Winery Lane) and Albyn Street East.
- A675 Belmont (8m) between M65 junction 3, through Abbey Village and Belmont to Scout Road.
- A682 Gisburn Road (5.2m) between A59 at Gisburn and Whittycroft Avenue (between Barrowford and Blacko).
- B6232 Grane Road/Haslingden Road (4.93m) between A56 through Haslingden Grane to M65 junction near Belthorn.